Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 18 March 2010

Thank you Karin, your Squares arrived this morning from the Netherlands!

Hi Everyone!

Karin has very kindly sent me some Squares which arrived this morning.  I was seeing my Daughter off to work and there on the Porch carpet was a box containing two sets of Squares.  One for the 'Sunniest Sunshine Blanket Ever!' and the other set was for the other 'Sunshine Blankets!'.  I still get that excitement when a package arrives, and I am always touched too that someone wants to help me make Blankets for the Elderly.

I will be letting you all know which countries I have received Squares from, a friend was asking and a total of how many. They are growing in number and I still get that 'buzz' when a new lots arrives! This project does seem to be successful and I hope it grows and grows. 

I would like to thank everyone that has recently signed up to 'follow us'.  Welcome! I do hope you enjoy being on here with us. We are a friendly bunch of moms who have quite a few things in common, but I have to say it's mainly 'crocheting' that we have that special connection with!

If anyone feels they would like an invitation to 'team blog' with us. Don't be shy just leave a comment and I will send an invitation out to you, or email me privately sueatpigsty@talktalk.net  or Flickr  Mrs Twins.

We exchange ideas, pass on pattern information, show our Squares or generally try and have a chit chat! So please let me know if you want to join us. You are most welcome! Thanks to everyone that is 'following us' and keeping a track on how we are 'expanding' ha.ha..!! Good one, sounds as though we have our own little business here.  Oh! don't start me, we'll be opening a shop soon. (joke!!)

Thank you too Karin for the very thoughtful gifts. (please see Mrs Twins).

Karin's Squares from the Netherlands arrive today! Thank you so much Karin!

Look at these Sunny Squares! Just right for our Challenge! Do you want to take part in our Challenge? Please see below! You are most welcome to join our group!

2 comments:

  1. Karin's work is so beautiful!! Loving the colours and the patterns. And so sweet to send a gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin's Squares are lovely Maria, but I wish you Ladies wouldn't treat me! There's no need !! Very kind of you all but I don't wish it from you. The Squares are just fine. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete