Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 12 May 2010

Ta - Dah! 'SIBOL 10!'

Hello Everyone who is visiting SIBOL today!

I must of all thank you all so much for the wonderful Squares that I receive nearly every day! It's such a pleasure to meet all my new friends and I'm really pleased that you are wanting to take part in my 'SIBOL' project. 

This was just an idea I had back in January, and I had no idea then that it would become so popular! I have now made 10 Blankets since January and I still have plenty more Blankets to work on. I definitely wouldn't be able to do this without your help and I am most grateful.  All the Blankets will be donated to Nursing Homes etc., in November.

We have Challenges to give us different ideas for Blankets, but of course you don't have to do these. Any 6" Square would be most welcome.

Could I just say I am using every Square I receive for the 'Sunshine Blankets' and I do try and let you know when one is used in a Blanket.  We have a bit of fun over on Flickr when a Blanket is finished. We play 'The Flickr Board Game'. Flickr gives us the facility to 'add note' to any photo.  So when one of my Blankets is finished we all try and 'add note' to our own Square, so that we all know who made the Square just by clicking on.  I hope you will pop over and have a look yourself. There are many people who don't have a Flickr account I can highly recommend joining.  We have such a lot of fun over there.

I can't believe I have now made 10 Sunshine Blankets. I made myself an initial target of 6 when I first of all thought of the idea, and I'm just so pleased that I'm able to continue. So thanks everyone.

Working on these 'sun' theme Blankets I thought I had better put my 'sunglasses' on! Thanks Bethel from Australia.  Now only Bethel could have thought of that!

For Bethel! Thank you! Mr. Twin, Would you mind? Sorry to disturb you, I know you are watching the News!


Ta-Dah! 'SIBOL 10!' Thanks to all who contributed Squares! xx

The first two 'sun' themed Blankets are done. Some more to do, the next ones will be colour grouped! I had fun doing it and  I will be making some Butterflies but  I will  have to do them a bit later. I've got Little Miss. Twin (2) home today from work with a tummy bug.....

Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed a Square for the 'sun' theme. If you haven't seen your Square please bear with me I will be using it as soon as I can. I am going to get through them.

No Squares from Canada yet, so sorry I haven't got good news for you!

Any names anyone?

Have a lovely evening.

7 comments:

  1. Sue, is it really number 10?
    It's fantastic, isn't it?
    I send you a virtual hug.
    Well done!

    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! You're doing so well with all of these blankets. Well done for giving up your time to do them, I'm sure they will be very much appreciated. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YESSSSSS ! One more ,cute and love how it is looking.Colors so beautiful,a nice and wonderful details with the flowers.Nice,nice ,nice.Great job! Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back - you have done so well with this "little" project. Don't forget to add markeing to your resume as well.
    I love the photo of you with the glasses - such a laugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see my squaret! I am very happy to have helped in your beautiful project

    More squares soon :-)

    lots of kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see those glasses, I just start chuckling to myself. Perfect. You are a classic. Does the hubbie think you are losing you mind, like mine. He calls me "The BLOG-My-STER". And to think I remember a moment when we almost chucked the whole idea of blog. Now, I don't know what I would do without it and you all.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just an visitor of your site and it brings me joy! Can you imagine how much life all of you are bringing to the nursing homes!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete