Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 8 June 2010

Squares from Australia.

Hello Everyone!

I can't wait to show you these Squares that arrived today.  They only took around a week from Australia, which I thought was really good.  The Squares are from Quoin (Net) (Flickr) and her Mom! I'm really pleased that they have both contributed to SIBOL.  Their Squares are just lovely.

Inside the little package which arrived today was a poem that Quoin (Net)  had written for SIBOL.  Now I have emailed her to let her know her Squares have arrived safely but before I post the poem I have asked if it's okay to type it out and let you all see it. I'm sure she won't mind but I just want to be sure.  So I'll either add this on to the post later on in the week or probably make a new post. I do hope it will be okay, it's really good.  There are some really clever people out there been able to make poems about SIBOL! Gosh I wish I could! It's so good........ So watch this space!

Quoin (Net)   has a blog 'Nets Pet's.  I'm sure a lot of you are already familiar with it. I do hope you will pop over and say hello. She does some really great video  tutorials which are really well done. I actually copied the Butterfly idea from her tutorial and now I'm addicted to them.  You know if you follow SIBOL that I have started making Butterflies to attach to my SIBOL Blankets because Salma over on Flickr thought it ought to be like a type of 'trade mark' for me.

Talking of Blankets.......I've finally finished the 6 'sun' theme Blankets. I must say thank you to everyone that has contributed such gorgeous Squares.  I'm hoping to take some photos tomorrow so I will be posting either tomorrow or Thursday. I've used (I think) all the 'sun' Squares which came into me and I also had some  bright Squares left over from a few months ago which I have now used which I thought were suitable.

So I do hope Net and her Mom are making themselves comfortable now.  Have you made yourselves a nice cup of coffee? Please enjoy your Slide Show, thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to make and send me the Squares.  I really can't wait to use them.




2 comments:

  1. More lovely squares Sue! Have flickred you, but wanted to congratulate you on the Inside Crochet mag article - they should have put your photo in too! PS how is the hair now? Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sue- you are so wonderful to post so much information and keep us up to date. Thanks for the mention, all the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete