Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 18 August 2010

Squares from the UK and France today!

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for stopping by.  Welcome to all our New Followers today,  pleased to say hello to you!

May I first of all thank Luna for the great post previously. Please scroll down the page  and see what Luna has been up to. She has made gorgeous Squares for the 'Bonfire Night' Challenge. They are full of 'Explosion' and 'Fireworks' I think.  The colours are just great.  Thank you so much Luna. Luna is one of our 'team bloggers' and I am always so grateful for her support. She also has a wonderful blog herself so please fly over and check it out!

Today I have had two lots of Squares come in. I can't wait to show you them. We've had some great Squares come in for Bonfire Night Challenge and also the Men's Blankets.

I have to say at this point I'm terribly sorry but we have to cancel the 'Children's Picture Square' Blanket. The reason being one of my friends over on Flickr said that she thought Hospitals wouldn't take the Blankets due to our 'UK Health and Safety Regulations'.  I made enquiries after she said with the Childrens' Hospital and this seems to be the case. They have 'Strict Infection Regulations' which they have to keep to.  We could make the Blanket and try and  donate it for Fund-Raising but I really didn't want to go down that route. I'm so sorry to the few Ladies that have made some 'I've wasted your time!'.

To the Ladies who have already donated Childrens' Squares 'would you like them back' or shall I keep them? Or do you have any other idea?

The Challenges listed over on the side bar are the ones currently running.  Now when these Challenges end on the dates given. I shan't be putting any more Challenges up for 2010.  The Challenges will start again in 2011. So fresh ideas would be welcome and I'll make a note of them.  The reason being is come September I think Ladies will be busy with their Christmas Crafting,  making their own Christmas Gifts. I don't know whether they would have time to think about meeting Challenge dates!  But of course if you fancy
still making the odd Square you know I would be ever so grateful. I shall carry on assembling the Blankets and get as many out this year as I can. Unfinished ones will be given out in 2011.

I have six Blue and White Blankets to make up. I have sorted them into piles. They are waiting to be done. I have started on the first batch. They are such pretty Squares and I'm looking forward to seeing our first 'Blue and White' Blanket.  The Flower Blankets came up really nicely I thought. So thank you to everyone who has sent me Blues and Whites! 

With out further a do, I want to thank Hazel for the gorgeous Crocheted Squares received this morning. She particularly picked out some yarn which she thought ideal for our 'Bonfire Night' Challenge. Just look at it in the Slide Show. It has such wonderful sparkly bits in it, I love it.  The other two 'Grandad' Squares we call them because of the Men are great too. I love the Colours.  They are absolutely ideal so thank you very much Hazel!  Here's your Slide Show Hazel.  Enjoy!





Lovely Squares weren't they?

Now the other batch of Squares I had come in today were from Lili 4g in France.  She has very kindly sent me Squares for SIBOL before and it's so nice that she is still enjoying our project!   Once again we have some wonderful Squares for Men!  The Colours are just what we need.

So thank you so much!





Wonderful Squares thank you Lili 4g!

Have a good day everyone and thanks again for your support.

5 comments:

  1. That's Ok Ms. Sue ,let's make a Summer blanket with the squares or just a regular funny and cute blanket.
    With my squares you do what yu need to do.No problem.Use them .

    Thanks and have a nice day.

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel and Lili, thank you both for the beautiful squares. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luna,
    Good idea.
    One of the other Ladies wants me to keep hers too! So lets make a 'Funny and cute' blanket - a giggle Blanket to make us laugh!! I'll write a post soon!

    Thanks Luna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I was just thinking you could make a really, really bright blanket with the cute squares and some of the very colourful squares for someone who is "young at heart"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can call it 'Young at Heart'.
    I'll write a post soon.
    Thanks everyone!
    There will be no deadline with this one.
    Probably make it up next year, but we can start collecting.
    Hugs Suex
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete