Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 24 September 2010

Lots of Squares from the UK today!

Hello Everyone!

I'm very pleased to be showing you three lots of Squares that came in today! They are all so beautiful. I just want to thank Marion, Pippa and Stephanie.

As you can see over in the side bar we have a 'Jan Eaton' Challenge on at the moment. Do you know Jan Eaton's book? Details are over in the side bar.  Now there are 200 Blocks in her book. We decided to do a Challenge. All you have to do is to go to the Block List at the beginning of her book Choose a number, between 1 and 25. Check the Square hasn't gone by looking on the Block List over to the right in the side bar.  Email me sueatpigsty@talktalk.net and let me know which number you have chosen.  I will make a note, and alter the website accordingly. When I have received all the Squares I will make a Blanket up for the Elderly with these Blocks.

Now if this idea is successful, we will go on to the next 25 Squares out of the book. So please have a go. Many thanks to Pippa and Stephanie for sending their Jan Eaton Squares today along with other ones.
All the Squares received today are just lovely.

We will start with Pippa.


Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


The Jan Eaton Square was the Lilac and Purple one. It's the Corner Granny Square No. 7. Thanks so much Pippa. All the Squares are lovely.

Now we go on to Stephanie from the UK also.

Stephanie it's very nice of you to send some Squares for SIBOL! You are a new SIBOLETTE! Welcome!
Your Square for the Challenge is 'Openwork Square' and it's No. 10.  ~Thank you very much for the other Squares also.  I was saying over on Flickr that I think Stephanies' Squares seem to have a Vintage feel to them. What do you think?

Stephanie here is your Slide Show.


Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Did you spot the Jan Eaton one? It's the purple one. Simply gorgeous, thanks so much for sending Squares for SIBOL. It's so nice to welcome you.

Marion over on Flickr has sent lots of Squares for SIBOL.  Today she sent these beauties! Now I think these will be perfect for our Challenges coming up. I have the Bonfire Challenge in mind for Marions' Squares in particular. Along with the 'Black and White'.  Gorgeous Teddy ones too! Thank you so much.

Sit back Marion, here's your Slide Show!


Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Last night I finished SIBOL No. 30, but the weather hasn't been too good today, so I haven't taken photos yet. But I will as soon as I can.

Thank you all so very much for your wonderful emails. It's always nice to know that you enjoy SIBOL! Have a lovely evening everyone and thank you to Pippa, Stephanie and Marion for the gorgeous Squares received today, I am so grateful.

Have a good weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. All the squares you receive are so gorgeous and make the most wonderful afghans. The squares with butterflies in the middle; the snowflake square; so many amazing patterns. Such a great idea to have so many talented crafters involved in a most worthwhile effort. Have a great weekend. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW the bears look great, just like polar bears. does that make them christmas bears?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these squares are brilliant! They seem to get better and better with each post! Great colours and patterns! Looking forward to seeing more blankets finished! Well done everyone!

    ReplyDelete