Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 14 October 2010

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL No. 34. 'Fireworks!' - named by ATheeC's Daughter. Fridays Update Squares from the UK!

Lots of Fireworks, Catherine Wheels.....>



Hello Everyone!

I'm very happy to be introducing SIBOL No. 34! This is the second of the Bonfire theme.  Now I have to say today I received two lots of Squares from the USA I do hope you will go back to the previous post and have a look at them they are beautiful! Thank you Luna and Debi!

Before I do, I would like to thank our new Followers for their lovely comments on SIBOL.  Occasionally I receive emails and indeed comments on SIBOL telling me how much you enjoy visiting our site and indeed looking at the beautiful Squares and consequently our 'Sunshine Blankets'.  It's so nice to receive positive feedback and I am so pleased you enjoy popping over to the UK to see what's going on with our SIBOL project.  Thank You!

Back to SIBOL No. 34.  I am so pleased to be showing you this Blanket. We have a very young SIBOLETTE  'ATheeC's' Daughter who has very kindly sent me a Square.  I've included it in this Bonfire Blanket along with her Mothers.  It is the red, navy and blue  one, beautiful Granny Square so this Blanket will be special for her as she has just started Crocheting.  Please feel free to take a photo off the site. Actually while I am saying that.....if anyone wants to take photos off SIBOL, because their Square is in a Blanket, please feel free! I don't mind.

'Do I have to say it Ladies?' Okay then.....'please add note' if you see your Square! Thank You!

I've had such fun working with your Squares. They are so explosive, full of colour. I have just loved them. Thank You so much! I will be putting Luna's Squares into the third Bonfire Blanket.  I only have her 6 Bonfire Squares left,  so I am having to raid the Square stash! Lets see what happens...... Let's hope we can make another 'Explosive Firework Blanket!' :)

shiloandspeiky (USA) Your Squares have arrived! Thank You!

I've taken a lot of photos out in the garden today.  Here's my Slide Show showcasing your beautiful Bonfire Squares! Thank you all so very much! Enjoy!




Fridays Update

I'm very pleased to be showing you some Squares that came in this morning.  They are from 'Jean Nock' over on Flickr.  The Squares I have received are just so pretty.  Great for our Christmas Challenge Blankets and some pretty Flower Squares too in gorgeous pastel colours! Simply lovely.

Would you like to see them?

Jean Nock (UK) A nice surprise! Thank You!!

and some others too?


Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


It was my pleasure to make you a Slide Show, I do hope everyone has enjoyed looking at the Squares today!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Plenty of hooking......

x  Sue  x

1 comment:

  1. Loving every square inch of those blankies well done ladies xx Jean your squares are fabulous i love them xx

    ReplyDelete