Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 18 November 2010

Ta - Dah!' The Big 40! 'Strawberry Delight' and Jan Eaton Square from Kimbles!

Hello Everyone!

I'm very pleased to be introducing you to SIBOL No. 40 today! But before I do Moleymakes (UK) has sent me some pretty Squares. I'd like you to see them.....

moleymakes (UK) Your Squares arrived this morning! Thank You they are so pretty I'm sure everyone will agree!

Don't you just love the patterns and the colours? My favourite colour is pink and I just love these! Thank you so much Moleymakes, they really are gorgeous! Each one so interesting.......

Now my Ta - Dah!  I have to thank you all because today I am showing you 'the Big 40!'.  I can't believe I have now assembled 1,000 of your gorgeous Squares.  Do you want to take a look? I hope you like it!  Pity the weather hasn't been too good today, I've done my best with the photographs out in the garden.....

'Strawberry Delight' - Thanks to everyone who have contributed Squares!


Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL No. 40! 'Strawberry Delight! - Thank You Rebekka_uk!
                                                              
                                                                      ------------------
       
Thank you Tinka for telling me today where she obtained her 'Jan Eaton' 200 Blocks book. She gave me a link she used.... I'm sure she won't mind me pasting this part of her email to me.

I'm so happy today because I just got Jan Eaton's book by mail! I found a link where I could buy it much cheaper than on Amazon.com, and the shipping was free! So now I have the "Bible of crocheted squares" for only 9,14 Euro ( sorry no idea how much that is in £ but I'm sure when you click the link it will give the price in your currency.) I thought I should send you the link because you are "promoting" the book on your crochet sites. I geuss many people will be thrilled knowing this book is available at this minimum price.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780715321416/

Without further a do as we say......Here's SIBOL No. 40's Slide Show.  Sit back and enjoy 'hopefully'.






UPDATE - Friday

Thank you Kim  for your Jan Eaton Square. This Square is No. 5 'Twin Stripes'.  I love the colours you have used and it's such a pretty pattern. The last one has arrived I can now start making the Blanket.  I'm so pleased you have taken part in our Challenge.


Thanks Kimblesathome! Jan Eaton Square No.5 'Twin Stripes' has arrived! Don't you just love the colours! Thank You!

9 comments:

  1. I get my books from th book deposistory always satsified and speedy delivery xxx Sue WoW wOw WoW whay=t a massive achievment i'm sooo pleased for you xxxxx
    Moleymakes they are gorgeous squares absolutely love them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi Sue querida
    Lindos, lindos e lindos!!!!!
    Fique com Deus e tenha uma noite abençoada!
    Beijinhos^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a completely beautiful afghan, the ladies should all be proud of the wonderful work they all do!! I think I got my book from the book depository to, and it did arrive within 1 week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Sue! Putting together 1000 squares/40 Blankets is a big achievement. Did you expect so many when you started way back at the begin of 2010?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Susanna, I didn't I only thought about doing 6! Amazing isn't it? Everyone is so enjoying SIBOL.

    Thank you to everyone, I'm pleased you like the Blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blankie yet again! You did deserve to win the bag! Our Dutch postal company is on strike this week so after the strike I'll mail your bag! I would'nt want it to get lost!!

    Do you already need some squares for a new blankie? Then I'll send them with the bag!

    Love!
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your lovely comments.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh - those pinks work so beautifully together, lovely work. Number 40 is wonderful and such an achievement... and the last square for the Jan Eaton blanket also in - so much news!

    ReplyDelete