Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 17 February 2011

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL No. 54. 'The Young At Heart' Blanket.

Thanks so much for these pretty Squares everyone!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks everyone for your comments on the Squares received on Wednesday. They were so pretty weren't they?  Also for the kind comments on my neices' drawing of my Grandmother.  If you haven't seen it please go back a post.

Now I have a Ta - Dah! for you.  'The Young At Heart' Blanket is finished and I would like to show it to you. What fun I had with these Squares. Such wonderful ideas from you all.  I always say this but it always amazes me when I put a Challenge out, how you all take it on board and do your very best to make such brilliant Squares! This Blanket was such a fun one to do. Lots of Childhood memories on this one, Skipping Rope, Swings, Footballs, Teddy Bears, Ice Creams etc., All brilliant ideas.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed these 'fun' Squares for SIBOL! 'Please add note if you see your Square!'


If you haven't read about the 'Royal Wedding' Challenge please go back posts and have a read. I wouldn't want you to miss out on the  Challenge.

I'll leave you with my Slide Show. I'll probably be back later on in the day with new Squares!



11 comments:

  1. What a fun blanket! You did a terrific job. Some of the squares are so elaborate; the little boy with the ball and the girl holding a flower; so neat. Have a wonderful evening Mrs. Twins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a conversation piece, the squares are great on their own, but together they are fantabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I've just discovered your blog and I think is lovely! I love crocheting blakets, and I've just started my own blog. http://ganchillocongancho.blogspot.com/ It's in Spanish but if you need any instruction please let me know. Best regards!! Alba.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are such brilliant squares and don't they look so fun all joined together. Well done everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this blanket! I know I say this every time I drop by but honestly I am just soooooo amazed at all the creative crocheters out there! Absolutely amazing and beautiful work and so very inspiring indeed. I was gonna start some small cross-stich projects but now I am feeling the need to crochet again. :) Wishing you a most wonderful day. Thanks for all the wonderful work you do and for sharing with us. Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, this is adorable. Wow, all the blocks are so unique.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most wonderful blanket! The person who will get it is very fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great job, it looks fabulous! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue!!!! Asombroso, maravilloso, no tengo palabras para decirte lo bonita que ha quedado cada plaza tiene su encanto, eso por donde hemos pasado todos en nuestra infancia. Que contento, se ponra quien la reciba. Un saludo para todos.
    SOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello to Sue and the Sibolettes from the dark side of the moon....Much catching up to do. The Young at Heart blanket is precious. Best wishes from Linda and Posy.

    ReplyDelete