Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 4 June 2011

Saturdays Squares and something interesting for you today!

Hello Everyone!

It's such a beautiful day here in the UK. The sun is shining and I've had such pretty Squares arrive today!

I also have something really nice to show you at the end of this post.

Well here goes........I am so always so terribly grateful to everyone that sends me Squares for SIBOL. The Challenges I put out to you are always so much fun, they bring in the most beautiful Picture Squares!

Now I've had three lots of Squares arrive at lunchtime.  The first ones are from Kianie (UK) over on RAV.  Kianie Thank you!

Kianie  has sent such a lot of lovely Squares some for our Challenges and some for other Blankets. Amongst her Squares were her Jan Eaton Number 57.  This one is called 'Arrowhead Bobbles'. Why not have a go at making it yourself?   Do you have the '200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans book? It's a lovely pattern and I love the choice of colour.

Jan Eaton Square No. 57 'Arrowhead Bobbles'


A Square also for our 'Tropical Challenge' one for 'Grow me a Garden', a pretty Square for our 'Cupcake Challenge' and two Squares for our 'Textured Challenge'.

It's always wonderful to see what you come up with. I have now made a Slide Show for you Kianie. You can sit there and watch your Squares whizz round! What fun! Thanks so much I love them all and I am very pleased you took part in our Challenges!





Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


The next set of Squares have come in from WoolyGreenDragon (UK) on RAV.  I am most grateful to you also and I absolutely love the variegated yarn you have used  in the Squares. The yarn is just so soft too, such yummy yarn! I think my favourite Square is the lilac and blue one, but of course I love them all, thank you.

WoolyGreenDragon (RAV) Your Squares arrived today! Thank you!


I love taking photos of the Squares for our SIBOL web site. I expect you wonder why do I post a photo and then make a Slide Show underneath, showing the same Squares sometime.  The reason being I will one day be sending my order off to have the SIBOL web site put into a Book and I don't think the Slide Shows will run in print :)  I actually had one done for 'Mrs Twins' and it so nice to have a paper copy of your work just in case one day we loose it all on here. Computers are okay when they are working, when they are not, it's a worry in my opinion.

I have made you a Slide Show too!




Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Thank you so much WoolyGreenDragon  love your Squares!

The final set of Squares are from Corien in the Netherlands.  Corien has also taken such an interest in SIBOL, and that is so nice thank you! Your Squares are so lovely! The two Squares for our 'Tropical Challenge' are beautiful.  Corien has used a Sequin and Bead for the eye in the fish and Sequins for the Bubbles. The other one a  Palm Tree.  I love these ideas and you've used your imagination Corien which is
what SIBOL is all about at times!.

Squares for our 'Tropical Challenge' are just wonderful! Sequins for the Bubbles, how cool!


Amongst her Squares were a White Square for our 'Winter Wonderland' Challenge, one  for our 'Two of a Kind' (two cherries!) and the last one a Square which has two shades of Blue in it and Corien hopes that we might do a Two Tone Blue Challenge soon. Well the answer is probably yes, but let's wait until we get down these Challenges first! Sit back and enjoy your Slide Show now Corien and thank you!




Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Well I'm sure you will agree some wonderful Squares to day!

Now before I go I have something beautiful to show you.

Blooming Marvellous


This photo was passed on by Mia On Flickr. She has very kindly left me the link. Now if you have time why not pop over and see what it's all about!


http://bloomingmarvellous1.blogspot.com/

I'm sure you will love it like I did.

Well that's it for today. I hope you have enjoyed looking at the Squares as much as I have had. I'm off to start my Farmyard Blanket if possible.

Bye for now, thanks for visiting 'SIBOL'

1 comment:

  1. hi sue the soft sea squares are great , lovely , i love the blooming marvellous flowers , they are stunning x u take care love mel xx

    ReplyDelete