Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 24 August 2011

No Squares today, but I have my 83rd Ta - Dah! 'Pig Tails!'.

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL No. 83!

Hello Everyone!

I'm very pleased to be showing you my 83rd Ta - Dah today! This is another 'special' Blanket because Laura in the Netherlands very kindly donated these Squares for our SIBOL project. She has named the Blanket 'Pigtails' because of the middle Square! A great name thank you Laura!.

The Squares are just so pretty and I think this Blanket has got to be one of my favourites. My favourite colours are pink and green and this Blanket has turned out so lovely.  Oh golly I can't wait to show you. Here goes...

My Geraniums have done well, but not the petunias!

It always amazes me when Ladies send me enough  Squares to make a whole Blanket and I am always so grateful.

Laura would you like to name this 'Sunshine Blanket' please? Thank you for the beautiful Squares!





I'm sure you will agree Lauras' Squares were brilliant!

No Squares today. Can I remind you quite a few of our Challenges end at the end of August, so please do get your Squares in now.

Did you know there was a new knitting magazine out from the same company as Crochet Today? It really looks a great magazine. Now I did try to remember the name, but can't.....Something Knitting and it has got the word 'Life' in. Sorry I can't remember. But there was some great patterns inside. I don't really knit so I never bought it. But I did pick up the latest Crochet Today magazine. It's in W.H. Smith.

I also picked up some great bargains at The House of Fraser today. A pack of (10) Patons Double Knitting for £6.75.  In the House of Fraser they have a rack of 'Sale' yarn.  Well the prices are all knocked down but when I went to the till the Lady said there was an extra 20% off, so it is worth enquiring. I picked up a pack of Peach and a pack of Blue.

I hope to show you SIBOL 84 that 'Jean Nock' assembled for SIBOL, but it started raining as I was taking photos, so I'll show you very soon.

Thank you Laura very much for the beautiful Squares too!

Bye

x Sue x

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful - such great squares!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one done, another one done. Another beauty bites the dust....I think that's how the song goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, I love how you have left is this blanket looks so beautiful! strikes me as something cheerful! greetings, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete