Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 9 August 2011

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL 78!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

First of all could I say there is plenty to see this week on SIBOL. Lots of beautiful Squares and beautiful Blankets too! Would you mind going back previous posts because I wouldn't want you to miss anything.

Today I have another Ta - Dah!  A few weeks ago I received beautiful Watermelon Squares from wiLDaBoUtCoLoR in Louisiana (USA).

Aren't they simply beautiful! Mind you the yarn makes a difference too! Don't you just have great yarn over in the States!


Now if you know the work of wiLDaBoUtCoLoR you will know that she has just gone bonkers on 'Watermelons'.  You name it, she has made it. Her work is simply amazing, a beautiful crocheter and she has a  wicked imagination! Would you like to see some of her work? Follow the link. Well when she suggested
SIBOL has a Watermelon Challenge, I had no idea at first what she had in mind. Soon after I received the Squares and then that's where my Challenge started. I had to make a 'Sunshine Blanket' out of them, which was such an honour!

Well Sunday evening late I finished the Blanket and now it's time to show you!

wiLDaBoUtCoLoR Thank you for these Squares! I had so...much fun putting them together! I do hope you like it!


I had such fun putting this together and the Red Heart yarn which wiLDaBoUtCoLoR sent for me to use was great. I made some SIBOL Butterflies 'slightly different this time' using some yarn wrapped around the middle which I thought was nice for a change.

I do hope you like it wiLDaBoUtCoLoR! Thank you so much for your kindness! Can you imagine someone receiving this Blanket, wow!





Thank you all for the lovely comments your support is very much appreciated and I am so pleased you enjoy visiting SIBOL.  OOh, just to say I had a lady enquire this morning about the Butterflies. If you would like to have a go please go to

Bye for now

x Sue x

5 comments:

  1. hi sue , im loving SIBOL 78 , beautiful , xyou have been very busy xxxxxlove mel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. "lOOk hOW bEAuTiFuL" this has turned out! You are a sheer GENIUS when it comes to putting these loving blankets together! I am so haPPy for the person who will receive this waTErMeLOn beauty (only because I helped)! Thank you Miss Sue for making it so gorgeous with your touch of class (all of them are no doubt).
    huGGGGGgggggsss & kiSSSSssEs
    wiLD ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute ....love all the colors , watermalon ,remembering the strawberries blankest .........Remember?....this is so nice.Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply fabulous!!Awesome work both of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blanket, at this rate we might make it to triple figures by the end of this year

    ReplyDelete