Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 28 January 2012

The making of a SIBOL Square for our 'Landscape Challenge'

Hi Everyone!

No Squares to show you today, no Blankets to show you either today, but.........a great Blog post to read. It's not a SIBOL post either! The Blog post belongs to Gemma who very kindly sent me a Square recently for our 'Your Local Landscape' Challenge.

You know I am extremely grateful to everyone that sends me Squares for our SIBOL Blankets, but for me this post is extra-special. Gemma has very kindly written a post explaining how she made her special Landscape Square. You really want to fly over to Gemma's Blog because this post is wonderful.  She not only shows us the making of the Square but she tells us how she uses Excel to create her stitch diagram! This really is very interesting indeed. From my point of view it's nice for me to see how our SIBOLETTES work!

So here's the link please go and have a look at how Gemma makes this.....

Gemma - you have made a gorgeous 'Landscape Square' Thank you so much!


from this beautiful photo!

Gemma (UK) 'Your Local Landscape' Square has arrived today! Thank you!


Well done Gemma!

x Sue x

3 comments:

  1. Wow super,
    have a nice day!!!
    Hugs Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  2. pero que bien le ha quedado a gemma.esa manta va a ser expectacular.
    os invito a pasaros por mi nuevo blog
    www.loscomplementosdesusanitaysuganchillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete