Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 6 January 2012

Squares from Scotland the UK!

Good Evening Everyone!

I am very pleased to be showing you some gorgeous Squares which have arrived today!

The first one is for our 'Your Local Landscape' Challenge.  I am 'really desperate' to get in some more
Squares for this particular Challenge and if you think you would like to take part then please do so. I am trying to make a Blanket up which is going to be sent to Jersey Textile Showcase 2012 to be held in March.
Our special Blanket will 'hopefully' be exhibited and then sold to raise money for Mencap which is a very worthwhile Charity. But.....I need more Squares!

Do you have a favourite view that you think you could possibly put into a Knitted or Crocheted Square? Do you live near to a famous Landmark? Why not have a go?  Let's take a look at jenniferannes' Square which arrived today!  She has beautifully made the Forth Bridge in Scotland. She has used DK Acrylic yarn and the bridge itself is made from shirring elastic! What a fantastic idea. She took inspiration  from a photograph of the Forth Bridge, and she has captured it so well! The water is so very interesting, the shades of green and blue and then we look upwards to the Bridge which is just magnificient. The detail is 100% spot on!

Thank you so much jenniferanne, I love your Square!

jenniferanne (Scotland) Your 'Your Local Landscape' Square has arrived ! Thank you!



If you think you could help me along with this one, then please email me. Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net so I know what numbers we are expecting.   I have to send the Blanket off in February so I really need these Squares in as soon as possible please.

Jean Nock has also sent in some interesting Squares today. She has made some for our 'SIBOL' Stash and also some for the 'Knit Today' Challenge. I only need 3 more Squares to finish off our third 'Knit Today' Blanket so if you would like to have a go then please mail me sueatpigsty@talktalk.net  I am still waiting to see if 'Knit Today' feature our other two Blankets.

She was also very kind to send in some pretty Butterflies, thank you so much Jean Nock I love the Squares and the Butterflies!

A lovely selection of Butterflies for our 'Butterfly Stash!'.



Created with flickr slideshow.




I do collect Butterflies for our 'Butterflies' stash. The usual ones we make are from Nettie  but of course if you would like to make any other type then please do and then send them to SIBOL. Pop over to Netties Blog she has a great video tutorial!

Thank you Jean Nock and jenniferanne, I am most grateful to you and I would love other Ladies to join in this Challenge.

x Sue x

3 comments:

  1. Jenni that is GORGEOUS! Well done you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that Forth Road Bridge square - most inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work,smart idea.Squares are on their way to the UK. :))

    ReplyDelete