Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 27 February 2012

Challenge Squares arrive and so does 'Springtime!'

Hello Everyone!

I am very happy indeed to be showing you some gorgeous Challenge Squares that have arrived today.

First of all we have Squares from Fiona in the Netherlands. She has very kindly made two Squares for our 'Wiggles Challenge'. This really is a very nice Challenge and it's so interesting to see what colours everyone makes them in.

'Wiggles Challenge'. Beautiful I love them!


They have come out really well, I love the variegated yarn on the yellow Square.

African Flowers! Such pretty colours!


The other two Squares are African Flowers these were very popular last year on Flickr.  The purple Square  is to be sent off to Inside Crochet 'Favourite Square' article  The other one is for our SIBOL Stash!  Thanks for all four Squares Fiona they really are all very interesting! Thank you for sending them to me.

pippa-anne has also made a Challenge Square. This time it is for our 'Owl Challenge'. As I was saying I didn't know there were so many varieties! All the Squares I am getting in for this Challenge are all so different. I love this little fella and I particularly like the blue background with the stars. It really is lovely pippa-anne thank you!

pippa-anne (UK) Owl Challenge. What a cutie! I love him. Thank you pippa-anne!


Well those are the new Squares that have arrived. Something else very interesting arrived today 'Springtime'.

'Springtime' is a really lovely Blanket made and donated by jenniferanne in Scotland. This Blanket is just so warm once again. Made in the most beautiful shades of Green from  'darkest conifers to palest primroses!'   The Square used is 'Vintage Lace' designed by Margret Wilson.  jenniferanne joined the squares with 'an experimental fan stitch which I think looks wonderful! Such a different way of joining Squares. jenniferanne also enclosed two 'cabbage white' Butterflies  It simply is a delight. jenniferanne tells me she crochets everywhere! Her tea break at work, waiting rooms, you name it ....where-ever she goes that hook is red hot! Working away making Squares and such. I agree with what she tells me Squares are the ideal things to carry around. They can be transported easily and can be picked up whenever you like!

This Blanket is once again a stunner. Do you remember she also made 'Still Waters' which  I showcased on February 17th.

jenniferanne has tried to put a maritime feel to this Blanket with wheels, compass points and cable ropes.


I can't believe only ten days later I am here showcasing another one called 'Springtime'. What a joy this one is too!

'Springtime' made and donated by jenniferanne (RAV) (SCOTLAND).



The 'optional challenges' I have listed on the Challenge Blog are indeed very popular and they are helping me very much at the moment, as I have a lot of family commitments. I really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into yet another gorgeous Blanket jenniferanne. I am most grateful to you and I know that this Blanket will be received so warmly in a few months time when I go out once again to the Nursing Homes.

I have made a Slide Show for you, sit back now and relax and watch your Blanket whizz round!








Created with flickr slideshow.


I will soon have to be sending off the 'Your Favourite Squares'  to 'Inside Crochet'. If you are interested please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net for my address. All details are over on RAVELRY

I am in the process of making one of the 'Heart Blankets' up at the moment. Progress is a little slow as I am busy with my family but I am doing a little when I can.


Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today and thanks also to pippa-anne, Fiona and jenniferanne! Your help is very much appreciated.

x Sue x

















2 comments:

  1. All the squares look so pretty - and the blankets are just lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sue,
    These blankets are lovely and that little owl square has stolen my heart! I have tried to make an owl square but they turn out looking scary!!

    ReplyDelete