Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 13 February 2012

A delivery of Squares and a donated Blanket today!

Hello Everyone!

Thanks to everyone once again that took part in our 'Think Pink' auction. I am so pleased to be telling you that the winner lives in the States and the Blanket is on it's way to them. I am very grateful for everyone's support and because the Blanket was such a success we will be doing another one ready for Breast Cancer Awareness month next October.

It surely was a great evening on EBAY, thank you!

I am very happy to be showing you these Squares which have arrived from Dansnanna here in the UK! The Squares are the prettiest things, beautiful pattern and gorgeous colours. If you are interested this particular Square it is called 'The Rose Square' and it's from the book 'Crocheted Throws and Wraps' by Melody Griffiths.

'The Rose Square' from 'Crocheted Throws and Wraps' by Melody Griffiths.


and then the centre in Lilac.....

Such pretty Squares and great colours! Thank you!


The top Square is going to be sent off to Inside Crochet because they are doing an article on 'Favourite Squares' and I have asked if Ladies would like to send one in and then I will forward them on. Here's the link to Ravelry if you are interested. I am going to send about 25 in to them, so please be quick if you are interested.

Thank you so much Dansnanna, I love these Squares.

I am very grateful to Sarah (UK)  today because she has made a beautiful Blanket and has kindly donated it to 'SIBOL'.  How lovely of her!  It's a beautiful Blanket with fantastic autumny colours. She has used variegated yarn in this Blanket and the other yarn matches it beautifully.

I am going to do an official Ta - Dah for her but at the moment I have got both my Daughter and Husband at home and getting to take photos is just a little bit difficult. So please bear with me on that one.

I'm sure you will love to look at this Blanket. Be assured it is just so warm and will be lovely for our Elderly folk.

Sarah (RAV) (UK) Has very kindly made and donated this beautiful Blanket! So kind of you thank you very much!


As soon as I have the house to myself I will be taking some photos and showcasing this beautiful Blanket here on 'SIBOL'. 

I am just so terribly grateful to anyone that wants to make their own Blanket and if you do please pop over to SIBOL Challenges where there are details.

Apparently we are also in 'Craftseller' this month although I haven't seen a copy yet, which is wonderful news!

I will be back with photos as soon as I can until then thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today!

x Sue x


2 comments: