Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 24 February 2012

Ta - Dah! SIBOL 131 and new Squares today!

Hello Everyone!

I'm very pleased to be showing you some great Squares which have arrived today from pippa-anne and bonsall both here in the UK.

pippa-anne has had a go at making a Square for our 'Irish Rose' Challenge. This indeed is a pretty Square but I have found out from a few Ladies now that it is a bit of a Challenge! I am sure jenniferanne over on RAVELRY will help you if you get stuck so please follow the link to her and say hello  I'm sure she will be most willing to help you!  If you would like to challenge yourself with this particular Square please email me for the Square instructions. Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Let's take a look at the Square pippa-anne has made now so well!

pippa-anne (UK) 'Irish Rose' Challenge. Thank you!


I think it has come out beautifully pippa-anne thanks so much for sending it to me. This is going to be a really pretty Blanket I'm sure.

The next set of Squares have come in from bonsall. bonsall has made some Flower Squares for 'SIBOL' and they really are lovely.

Beautiful Flower Squares bonsall, superb!


If  you remember a while back we made a great Flower Blanket with similar Squares from bonsall. Let's take a look at that one. That  was 'SIBOL' 88 and it was called 'Keep off the Grass!'. I loved this Blanket and I tried to make the border look like grass. It took me simply ages to do, but I think it came out quite well! Laura in the Netherlands made the Green Squares with the yellow Flowers in the centre which were lovely too!

'Thanks to bonsall (UK) and Laura (Netherlands) for the most beautiful Squares!

I also received these Squares from bonsall today!

These Squares too are so interesting I love them! Thank you so much!


Just look at these pretty Squares, all so lovely. Very interesting indeed and the yarn is great!

I am very happy also to be showing you our latest Ta - Dah! jean nock has very kindly been helping me out assembling a Blanket and I am very grateful to her.   The Squares came in from Germany 'Dolphin Sunshine' over on RAVELRY very kindly sent them along. She was kind enough to send me 50 Squares which have now all been made into two stunning Blankets.

Don't you just love piles of Squares?


50 Beautiful, Beautiful Grannies Ladies!

     
This was the first Blanket jean nock assembled  from 'Dolphin Sunshines' Squares........


This is a beautiful Blanket, gorgeous Granny Squares!

and the second one SIBOL 131......
Squares donated by 'Dolphin Sunshine' Germany over on RAV. jean nock beautifully made the Blanket up! Well done both!


If you remember the article in 'Inside Crochet' a few weeks ago a photo of the Squares were shown at the bottom of the page! Nice to be famous 'Dolphin Sunshine!'

Inside crochet page 2..........>


Here's your Slide Show for SIBOL 131 now!







Created with flickr slideshow.



Thank you so much for these gorgeous Squares, I love them all and I think the Blanket 'jean nock' has come out beautifully!

I would like to remind you that I am collecting  'your favourite Square' to send off to Inside Crochet. They are asking their readers to either send in their favourite Square to them or to send a photo. If you would like to take part please send  me a Square 'your favourite' I would be most happy to send it on to them. I believe they are going to make a Blanket up. I am trying to collect 25 Squares but I have only had a few so far! For instructions please follow the link to RAVELRY.

I do hope you have enjoyed looking at SIBOL 131 and also the gorgeous Squares from pippa-anne and bonsall. I am very grateful to both of you and of course to 'Dolphin Sunshine' for the Squares for these two superb Blankets!

Have a good weekend everyone!

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment