Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 16 March 2012

One of our 'SIBOLETTES' deserves a Gold Medal herself!

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for visiting the 'SIBOL' web site today!  What an exciting couple of days we are having!

If you haven't read yesterday's post please go back and catch up with our Group news! We have been nominated 'Club of the Month' in a UK magazine called 'Knit Today' and the write up and photos are superb! I am so very proud of all our 'SIBOLETTES!'.

I would like to thank Kianie (RAV) (UK) for the gorgeous Square received today. This is her 'Favourite Square' and will be sent up to 'Inside Crochet' as they are collecting favourite Blocks! It certainly is very pretty indeed Kianie thank you.

Kianie (UK) 'Favourite Square'. Thank you!


Not only did Kianie send me her favourite Square but she also sent me two pretty gifts she had made. I love them both so much and you have made them beautifully Kianie! A beautiful hand-made card complete with a fluttering Butterfly and a Crocheted Heart on a ribbon with beads, a button  and the words 'I Love SIBOL' using a red sparkly Heart for the Love! I Love SIBOL too Kianie!  These photos will be going on to my side bar. I am really touched by your kindness thank you Kianie!

A beautiful 'SIBOL' Heart made for me by Kianie! Thank you!


A card made for me by Kianie! Thank you so much it's gorgeous!

Aren't they pretty! Wow! Thank you very much indeed.

Well it's been an exciting day all round today. This morning just now in fact at 11.50am I received a parcel from the States! The parcel has arrived from Fort Myers from a very kind Lady called 'Santha' (akarapacha) on RAV.  I have been expecting this parcel for a few weeks now and today I am just so pleased to be telling you that it has arrived! I am sure she will be so relieved in knowing this and I know the Ladies on RAV will too!

Well I am sure you are wondering 'What is inside the box?'  Now you will have to excuse the photo of me but I did want you to see me receiving it first of all! It's very difficult trying to hold a box and take a photo with no glasses on either!

048




akarapacha (Fort Myers, USA) (RAV) has sent me 100 Olympic Flags! They are wonderful!


Yes inside were 100 Crocheted Flags of Countries taking part in this Summers' Olympic Games here in London. I'm sure you are longing to see the Flags!

Here I am 'MrsTwins' with Flags from the States! Thank you so much akarapacha!


I've taken so many photos I thought I would make akarapacha a Slide Show, sit back and enjoy now.




Created with flickr slideshow.


Every one knows that I appreciate each Square that comes into my home, whether  it comes from here in the UK or as far as the States, Singapore or Australia I appreciate each one.  But when one of our 'SIBOLETTES' has gone out of her way to really work hard for our Group and make this amount of Squares for a Challenge I think she has to be congratulated. I must say that each one of the Squares has been crocheted beautifully and each Square has been labelled with the Country too. I'm just so touched today by her kindness, I could actually shed a tear. The Flags have been made to the highest of standards and I just hope now that I can make a Blanket worthy of them and that I won't let you down akarapacha.

I'm sure everyone visiting 'SIBOL' this evening will want me to congratulate Santha for her hard work and tell her what a wonderful job she has made of them.  I just cannot thank her enough words fail me on this occasion.  From the bottom of my heart 'Thank you Santha' and let us hope that we can raise some serious money for Alzheimers here in the UK.

I am opening a thread on RAVELRY, because I am sure everyone would like to personally congratulate her for her outstanding work!

I am over the moon as you can imagine!

Thanks for visiting our web site and may I thank every one for their congratulations on getting in to 'Knit Today'.  What a week!

x Sue x

3 comments:

  1. Amazing crocheted flags. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SANTHA WHAT AMAZING HARD WORK! They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sue,
    I LOVE those crocheted gifts you received.
    When I saw those 100 squares, I let out such a whoop of joy that my husband thought something was wrong with me! FANTASTIC work on those squares! They are so very perfectly made, aren't they? I can't figure out how to go on that Revelry site, so please tell her how thrilled I am that she did that.
    Love,
    KAY

    ReplyDelete