Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 23 March 2012

Three new 'SIBOL's and pretty Squares arrive today!

Good Evening  Everyone!

Thank you very much indeed for popping into 'SIBOL' today.  I am very happy to be telling you that I have had three wonderful donated Blankets arrive today. One from Scotland our 'jenniferanne' and the other two from ATheeC (Belgium). I have also received a very pretty 'Irish Rose' Square from Maryann (Saugerties, NY, USA) and Squares also from ATheeC for our Challenges.

I have to say before I go any further, that over the past week my Husband and myself have been decorating the house. We have decorated all the rooms except the three bedrooms which we will do at a later date (he doesn't know yet! :)  As you can imagine when decorating is in progress the house gets rather disrupted. I have boxes in every room and no carpet on the floors!  So my photographs are suffering at the moment and I am unable to take any decent shots. I hope that by the 3rd April I shall be back on track so please bear with me.  I am desperate to showcase the last four Blankets but it's just impossible at the moment. I am going to give you a sneaky peep though and I am sure you will love them.

Let's start now with jenniferannes' donated Blanket. I am always very grateful when one of our Ladies goes the extra mile and makes and donates their very own Blankets. I did actually make this an 'optional Challenge' and if you are interested please follow the Link I am very often asked if Blankets could be made and sent to our Group so I thought I would make it one of our Challenges.  If you are interested then please follow the link and find out the details.

jenniferanne has made and donated a gorgeous Blanket called 'Butterfly Bush'. I had to laugh when jenniferanne sent me a RAV mail because in it she wrote that her Husband has to test each Blanket out. She has made and sent some wonderful Blankets over the past few months and I am extremely grateful to you jenniferanne for all the time you have spent putting them together. As I said this is just a sneaky peep due to the mess I am in!

jenniferanne (Scotland) Has made and donated this beautiful Blanket to our 'SIBOL' Group. Thank you so much!


I am always very interested to find out where 'inspiration comes from' when making a Square or a Blanket and jenniferanne wrote in one of her emails that she took inspiration from her favourite garden shrub 'Buddleia' known as the Butterfly bush most appropriate for 'SIBOL'  she thought! She has made the Blanket in white and shades of purple to represent Buddleias also using soft silvery green the colour of Buddleia leaves. What a lot of thought has gone into this Blanket. As soon as I can take some good photos I will be showing you more of this wonderful Blanket thank you so much jenniferanne! I am most grateful to you and I will be putting your name into our 'Hall of Fame' over on Ravelry.  Two pretty Butterflies also contrast very well with her Blanket. I love it so much! I am sure our Elderly folk will find this Blanket a great deal of comfort.

Well I did tell you I had another two Blankets. These have arrived from ATheeC in Belgium. These Blankets have been made beautifully. The colours in both of these Blankets are stunning and I am sure you will agree they will also be wonderful for our Elderly folk.  One Blanket is wonderful, but receiving two in one box today was just so remarkable!  I also had some fantastic Squares for our Challenges. Let's take a look at them now.

The first Blanket is called ' Forget-me-not'. I love the colours in this one. What a pretty edging on this one!

ATheeC (Belgium) Has made and donated this very pretty Blanket to our 'SIBOL' Group also! Thank you so much!

I just love the tiny flowers in the centre of the Squares. What great colour combinations!

The second one is called 'Galah'.  Such pretty grey, pink and white Granny Squares.
Let's take a look at this one too.

ATheeC (Belgium) Has made and donated this gorgeous Blanket to 'SIBOL'. Thank you so much!


Great joining on these Squares! What wonderful Blankets thank you ATheeC. You too will go into our 'Hall of Fame' over on Ravelry. What an achievement! I am always grateful for one Blanket let alone two! They are such interesting Blankets.

One afternoon her friend Anne came to visit and both Ladies sat down and Crocheted. What a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Anne very kindly made some Squares and donated them to 'SIBOL'. Thank you Anne, I love your Squares.

ATheeC has a friend called Anne. One afternoon they crocheted together! Anne has donated these Squares. Wonderful work thank you so much!


These are very pretty colour combinations and they will be going into my Stash!
Do you know the Nursery Rhyme 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star?' I'm sure you do. ATheeC has made this Square for our Nursery Rhyme Challenge and it's fantastic. What a good idea to enclose the Rhyme too!



'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star! 'Nursery Rhyme' Challenge. Rhyme too what a fantastic idea! Thank you!


I also love this Square 'I'm a Little Teapot!'

'I'm a Little Tea pot!' Do you know this one? 'Nursery Rhyme' Challenge.


Two beautiful 'Wiggles' Squares.
Two Squares for our 'Wiggles' Challenge.


Some very pretty Grannies for our Stash!


Squares for our Stash are so pretty.


Stash Squares for 'SIBOL' So pretty.


A beautiful Square has arrived for Joanna who is making up the second 'Think Pink' Blanket. I love this Square. Thank you so much ATheeC.

Square for 'Think Pink' (2)




I am also very happy to be showing you an 'Irish Rose' Challenge which has arrived from Maryann (NY, USA). This is such a pretty Square and if you would like to have a go at making it then please email me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Maryann (NY, USA) Your 'Irish Rose' Square arrived today! Thank you!


This is made with a lovely shade of yellow and the green used for the leaves really compliment each other.

Thank you for sending the Square all the way from the States I do appreciate it very much.

Thanks to ATheeC, jenniferanne and Maryann for your wonderful contributions. I do hope you enjoyed making your Squares. It's terribly kind of you and I appreciate them very much.

x Sue x

Challenge web site
SIBOL - The Archive

2 comments:

  1. All the squares and blankets look so pretty. Love the patterns and the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The forget me not blanket and the grey/white/pink one are both so pretty, as are all the squares you received.
    I have said it before and I will say it again...You must be like a little girl at Christmas when the postman comes to your home!
    Love,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete