Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 14 May 2012

Butterfly mania!

Good Afternoon!

Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today!

We seem to have started something over on RAVELRY, a bit of a Butterfly craze!
As you know Butterflies are rather like a 'trade mark' for our Group. Back in the early days
of SIBOL we started using a beautiful Butterfly tutorial over on Nettie's Blog in Australia. The idea
of putting Butterflies on to our Blankets for the Elderly really took off and as I mentioned the other day
to the Ladies on RAVELRY that my stock was near to the end, they very kindly started Crocheting for me!
It is so nice to have a good supply of Butterflies to hand this really saves me a lot of work.

Today I have received a really pretty selection from 'creativegranny' here in the UK. She has really got 'hooked' on making these Butterflies and so have the other Ladies. If you want to join our Butterfly Club please follow the link! These Butterflies are made in all sorts of yarn and I really love the sparkle in some of them too! Thank you so much 'creativegranny!'

Here's your Butterflies!

'creativegranny' (UK) Thank you for these gorgeous Butterflies!


I am visiting a Craft Group next year and I plan to take a basket of Butterflies with me. The idea of attaching a tag on to the Butterflies labelling your name and country is brilliant and Bev (baw1812) has very kindly offered to send a file over to any one interested  for the tags. So if you are interested, pop over to the RAVELRY link and send her a pm!

We are having such fun with these Butterflies please join us!



x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue - it's been a little while since I sent you some squares, so I think I'll get busy with that and send along some butterflies too. Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete