Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Sunday 20 May 2012

Our Olympic Challenge is finished!

Hello Everyone!

We have been working extremely hard over the last year making and collecting Squares for the Olympic Challenge. My aim was to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society here in the UK. I invited you all to send in Squares to celebrate the Olympic Games coming to London 2012. You certainly put your thinking caps on because we've had over 300 Squares. Some in red, white and blue, and others showing Athletes, Flags, Olympic flame, Olympic rings etc.,  I can never thank you all enough for the wonderful work you have put into these Squares. You certainly have used your imagination.

I want to first of all show you a Blanket which shows 100 Flags, crocheted by 'akarapacha' (Santha) in Fort Myers, USA. Such a lot of work went into these Squares and I can never thank Santha enough for her dedication to our SIBOL Olympic Challenge!




The patience she must have had making all of these Squares. They are the Flags of some of the Countries taking part in the Olympic Games London 2012. Wonderful work Santha! Thank you so much for making them and sending them across the pond!

The Blanket comprises of 100 6" Flag Crocheted Squares.
The Blanket measures 63" Square.



The next Blanket comprises of 130 Squares, both Knitted and Crocheted. You all certainly rose to this Challenge making it so very interesting! As I said at the beginning of this post we have had everything included in this special Blanket. Athletes, Olympic Flame, Flags etc., You have sent in the most amazing Squares! I can never thank you all enough!

THIS PHOTO HAS TEMPORARILY BEEN REMOVED.


There will be lots more photos to follow I just wanted you to see the finished Blankets. 

I am very pleased also to be showing you our other smaller Blankets which have been made with the Olympic theme in mind.

First of all we have 'Rule Britannia'. 25 gorgeous Red, White and Blue Squares all in beautiful patterns. Thank you to everyone that has contributed these Squares. They really are so pretty!



Then we have 49 Squares mostly in Knitted, a few Crocheted! This one is called 'Jubilaton'.


These Blankets will be auctioned on EBAY to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society here in the UK. Let's hope we can raise a fair amount for them.

Thanks to everyone that very kindly took part in my Giveaway. If you remember we were chosen as 'Club of the Month' in the 'Knit Today' magazine.  If you would like to go back a post you will be able to read the Winners' names! Congratulations to you all!

I would also like to thank Sara for very kindly sending me in three gorgeous Blankets today. As I was taking photos of the Olympic Blankets this afternoon  I really didn't have time this afternoon to showcase her work. But please be assured I will do it as soon as possible. The Blankets that she sent in are absolutely gorgeous. She made a beautiful purple and green striped 'mile-a-minute' afghan, a Large Granny Square Blanket, and a pink, green, blue and cream squared Blanket which has a vintage feel to it, well I think so. I can't wait to show them to you so please stay tuned!

Once again thank you so very much for all your hard work with the Olympic Challenge. I have had great fun working with your Squares and I am so pleased you enjoyed this Challenge.

Thank you so much for popping in to SIBOL today! I am off to bed it's 1.55am!

Nitey nite....

Love Sue x

5 comments:

  1. These are just wonderful, true works of art! I wish I could bid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blankets are amazing, Sue! Congratulations to all the people who contributed because they did a great job. Let's hope you can raise a good amount from them.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Gosh !....this is great....huge ....I can't believe what I'm seeing.Gorgeous Blankets.A lot of work.Congratulations !
    Awesome work.:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great jobs. I hope you can raise a lot of money for the Alzheimer's Society. I would like to participate in some of these works. Maybe next.
    Best regards,

    ReplyDelete