Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 25 June 2012

Beautiful Blankets arrive today!

Hi Everyone!

I have had a bumper delivery today of gorgeous Blankets and I'm longing to show you!

I would like to thank Marilyn very much for assembling 'Spring Flowers' for me. She very kindly accepted 25 Squares off me and turned them in to this.

Thanks to 'Marilyn' for assembling this Blanket. Thanks to everyone who contributed Squares!


A very pretty Blanket indeed using the 'flat braid' method of assembling Squares together. The Squares certainly stand out. Thanks so much Marilyn, I'm very grateful to you.

The next Blankets were sent in by Sally. Sally once again offered to make some Squares up for me but this time they were Knitted ones. She made a great job of these two Blankets.

Thanks to Sally for helping me out. Thanks to everyone for contributing these Squares!


A pretty Lilac one and also this one coming up....

A beautiful job too, thanks to Sally and thanks to everyone that contributed Squares for this Blanket.


which reminds me of fields!

I love both Blankets and thanks so much for giving me a hand Sally.

Glenda contacted me several days ago and asked me whether I was interested in two Blankets which she hadn't a use for. Well today they arrived. They are so beautiful.  The first one a green one has really interesting Squares. They are available on RAVELRY and are free patterns.


1) JulieAnny’s Stained Glass Afghan Square

2) Shield of Honor Ver2 by Melinda Hobgood

Glenda has donated this Blanket to SIBOL, such pretty Squares!


Good aren't they?

The next one is

Thank you very much Glenda!


I am very pleased to be able to send them on to the Elderly. Thank you so much everyone!

I have made a Slide Show sit back and enjoy!




Created with flickr slideshow.

Thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today!

x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. So pretty.
    I don't suppose your more experienced ladies could give us less so ones a bit of advice on joining granny squares together. I must admit that's what stops me making blankets and just stick to the non stop granny!

    ReplyDelete