Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 22 June 2012

'Scappy Blankie'.

Good Morning,

Anothet wet miserable day here in the UK today!

I am very pleased to be showing you our latest SIBOL. If you remember last year Knit Today very kindly put a couple of patterns up in their magazine for 'Simple Squares' and said why not send them to SIBOL, which was really nice of them. The Squares started coming in and I'm very pleased to say that I have just finished the third of these Blankets.

The first one was SIBOL 99 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow!'

Thanks to everyone that has sent in Squares for this Blanket. I love them all! Name please Ladies?


The second one was a Blanket made by Joyce (UK) which she very kindly donated to SIBOL.

88 'Lilac Patch'.

This Blanket has been made and donated to SIBOL by joyce28.


Now here's the third and last one. I have got a few Squares over but I shall have to put them in future Blankets.

184 'Scrappy Blankie'.

Thanks to everyone that sent in Squares for this 'Knit Today' Challenge.


Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL No. 184!


The Squares were so colourful and I have just got round to making the third Blanket up!


Beautiful Squares, thanks to everyone!


I would like to thank Knit Today for thinking of us, the pattern certainly generated a few Squares for our Group and I would like to thank everyone that took part!

Just to remind you that I have  a 'SQUARE STOP' on at the moment. This means  I will not be accepting  'STASH SQUARES' until January 2013. I am busy at the moment trying to get Squares made up which I have here at home. This doesn't mean you can't make Squares though. Why not make your own SIBOL Blanket and send it to me ready for the Homes? This really would help me out at the moment. I do need 'CHALLENGE SQUARES' though if you fancy having a go with those.

All details are over on SIBOL Challenges.

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend!

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment