Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 25 July 2012

Colourful Wednesday!

Good morning and thanks for visiting 'SIBOL' today.

I am very pleased to be showing you some squares and blankets  which actually arrived yesterday. My poor lap top decided to give up on me yesterday, Mr. Twins thinks it was the heat that got to it and the constant work produced  on it! I'm very happy to say today it's working fine so I shall carry on up-dating 'SIBOL'.

First of all I would like to show you some Challenge squares.  joyce28 has very kindly sent these in to me along with her friend Kathy.

Let's take a look at Kathy's Heart square first. A great Knitted square with a Heart, wonderful thank you so much Kathy.

Kathy (Friend of joyce28) Square for our Heart Challenge. Great thank you!


A square made in a lovely shade of lilac thank you!

We move on to the Heart square that joyce28 sent in to me......

'One Heart From Around The World' Challenge. Unusual Joyce, thank you!


Really unusual design Joyce, but very nice indeed. We also have a very colourful 'Nursery Rhyme' square.

'Nursery Rhyme' Challenge. Brilliant!


'There was an old woman who lived in a shoe........'
Do you remember this one? I certainly do. A great square thank you Joyce.

'Faces' Challenge. So good!


I think this one is so...comical too for our 'Faces Challenge'.

I'm very happy to be receiving your squares Joyce and Kathy thank you very much.

The fun doesn't stop there. Do you remember on June 14th I visited 'Grey Cables Care Home' in Birmingham? An Elderly Lady there called Vera was talking to me about her own Knitting and she said that she had a bag of Knitted squares in her wardrobe. She asked one of the Staff if they would go and fetch it for her. Inside was a large quantity of squares that she had made for someone else but they hadn't collected them.  She kindly gave them to me. Here they are....

On the 14th June I went to 'Grey Cables' where an Elderly Lady 'one of the Residents' gave me these squares.


Well I must thank Joyce because along with the squares yesterday I received two blankets that she had assembled for me from Veras' squares. These blankets are so....colourful  and have been put together beautifully.  I have taken some photos and I will be sending them to Vera so she can see what we have made with her squares.  I'm very grateful to you Joyce thank you. Thank you also to Vera, I don't expect 'she's on line!'

A blanket full of Knitted squares.


Look at this one too, fantastic!


Excellent result I think........I'm so pleased that we could put them into one of our blankets.

SIBOL 212. Vera's squares assembled by joyce28! Remarkable job thank you Joyce!


SIBOL 211. Veras' squares again! joyce 28 has worked her magic again! Thank you!


Decorated with our SIBOL Butterflies and ribbon too, finishing them off.

I have just had the lunch time post arrive and I'm very grateful to BrendaS2 who has very kindly sent me in these squares.

Brenda has taken part in our Musical Challenge and these notes just sing out to you don't they?

These musical notes just sing out to you!


I wonder what they are singing? Beautiful square thank you!  I love it!

I also have a Heart square for our 'One Heart From Around The World' Challenge.

A square for our 'One Heart From Around The World' Challenge. Thank you very much Brenda!

Thanks very much for taking part Brenda!

If anyone is interested in back issues of magazines and old crocheting books, please go back a post or visit RAVELRY. I'm having a de-clutter still!

I hope you like what you've seen today, I certainly do!

Thanks for visiting !

x Sue x













2 comments:

  1. All the squares look great Sue - and the knit blankets look nice too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely squares as always and the blankets have some beautiful colours, all very nicely made. I love looking at all these wonderful things xx

    Jessiebonbon xxx

    ReplyDelete