Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Friday 10 August 2012

Blankets deliveries again today!

Good evening and thanks for visiting 'SIBOL'.

Today I made another blanket delivery to Christopher Taylor Court and Rowheath House. Anne very kindly gave me a hand to carry the 20 plus blankets.

Christopher Taylor Court


Christopher Taylor Court is in Birmingham and it is sheltered accommodation for the Elderly. We were invited to a Coffee morning at 10.30.  So over the past few days I have been getting the blankets ready.

Blankets ready for Christopher Taylor Court, and Rowheath House today.


Follow on the photostream and you will see photos of my visit.


Such wonderful blankets thanks to everyone!


We were invited to a coffee morning at Christopher Taylor Court.

I also added a couple of the Challenge blankets Jan Eaton and 'Scrappy Blankie' - the Simple Squares blanket.

Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL 205. 'Jan Eaton (4) Challenge. 76 - 100.



Ta - Dah! Introducing SIBOL No. 184!


Blankets ready for the off.


By the way these bags are now in Hobbycraft at £2.50 each. So useful and have a lovely design!

So useful for our blanket deliveries today!

I'd be happy to get you one Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Anne and myself went into the Lounge at Christopher Taylor Court and laid our blankets on the table. It wasn't long before the Ladies were coming up to have a look at them. They all said how beautiful they were and after maybe half an hour I walked over to where they were sitting. I took some individual squares with me and explained how they arrive at my home from all over the World. I told them about our Group and how it started and about my Grandmother and they really were interested.

It was so nice to hear their thoughts on the blankets. Everyone of the Ladies were just so pleased to receive a special gift and I have to say they thought our Butterflies were beautiful and they wanted to know what the significance was. I explained they are rather like a trademark and that we decided from the earlier blankets to carry on making them to attach to the blankets.   I walked around with  our basket of Butterflies and they all chose their favourite colours. 

We were offered a cup of tea and the Ladies loved having their photos taken. I have promised to send them some photos.

Here I am talking to some of the Residents.


The Ladies were so pleased to receive the blankets.


This Lady loved our Butterflies.

Over the moon with joy!

We had a lovely time meeting the Residents.


 We explained how individual Ladies have made their own personal blankets to be given out and I would like to thank all of them. They certainly thought you were all  so kind and they absolutely loved the work that had gone in to them.

We found that the Residents 'didn't want something for nothing' if you understand me. It's their generation to 'pay their way'. We explained we didn't sell them but they wanted to give a  few pounds for Alzheimers. So I'm very happy to be telling you that £21.00 will be sent off to Alzheimer's here in the UK.

I also took with me photos of our Royal Wedding Blanket, Your Local Landscape and the Olympic ones they were really interested in the money we had raised and enjoyed looking at the photos. I had some enlarged a few months ago and they really were talking points.

Here's Penny from Christopher Taylor Court, she will give out the rest of the blankets.

Penny The Manager at Christopher Taylor Court.

We did keep a few blankets to take back to Rowheath House where Anne's Mother lives and we gave Jackie The Manager a few spare ones to keep in her office for Residents who weren't there for some reason.  She was very happy to receive them and thanked you all.

Rowheath House.                           


I am extremely happy to be telling you that once again we had a very successful morning. Our 'Sunshine Blankets' once again brought smiles to the faces of the Elderly and I just want you to know that what we are doing is just so...worthwhile.  So please.....keep on making the gorgeous blankets for 'SIBOL!'.

I would like to thank Penny and Jackie for the hospitality shown to us on our visits and I'm pleased you like our blankets!

I would also like to thank arien 156 for sending squares today for our Challenges which are the Heart Challenge and the 200th Blanket. They are so beautiful let's take a look at them now. The colours are so..bright and cheerful!

One Heart From Around The World, great thank you!

Square for the 200th blanket. Beautiful!

I love this one for my Grandmother's blanket.

This one too for the 200th blanket, so pretty!

Square for the 200th blanket. Thanks so much arien 156!

arien 156 'Your squares arrived today!' Thank you.

I really love these squares, thanks so much arien 156!

I also would like to thank jenn1feranne for helping me with 'take a bag' of 25 squares. I'm sure you will agree this blanket is looking so good and I'm sorry I haven't had chance to showcase it properly yet, but as you will understand I've had a busy day. Tomorrow I will take some photos for you. I would like to thank everyone for sending in squares for this blanket. We'll take a closer look very soon. Thanks so much jenn1feranne for helping me.

238. (I will show photos as soon as I can'.

I am just so pleased with our achievements everyone! We have now made 238 blankets and apart from a couple these have all been given to our Elderly folk. The Managers at both the homes today wanted me to thank you all and have been amazed with such wonderful gifts for their Residents.  It certainly has been a priviledge to visit the homes with Anne and I would at this point like to thank Anne 'pippas45' for coming with me, we really had a lot to carry as you can imagine.

Well I think that's it for tonight. Many thanks for popping in to read our news.

x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely visit - the ladies sure do look happy with their blankets. This is a great thing you do Sue. Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete