Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 8 October 2012

Beautiful Blankets from Belgium!

Good afternoon and Welcome!

I am very pleased to be showcasing two beautiful blankets that have come all the way from Belgium. These two blankets are from Tinka. They have been made beautifully and so different from each other.

I'm going to let you read what Tinka wrote in her letter to me.

'Here are two blankets I made for SIBOL. The one with Flowers I called 'Flower Burst', after the pattern's name and the other with grey and red I called, "Klokke Roeland". I think this needs some explanation Klokke Roeland (Clock Rooland) is a famous clock of the Belfrey of Gent. There is even a song about it. I made this blanket with gifted yarn of my friend Zetty and crocheted it in Memory of Mark, her Husband. They were both friends of us, sadly Mark died of Cancer 2 years ago. He was a proud citizen of the town Gent. I couldn't imagine a better name for this blanket."

I love both of the blankets Tinka. 'Klokke Roeland' has unusual colour combinations which work so well together and it's our faithful Granny Square too which makes this blanket so ....special.  What a wonderful thing to do in Mark's Memory. I'm sure Zetty is really going to be touched by this wonderful thought.

A beautiful Granny Square Blanket made in a wonderful combination of colours!

A great blanket for a man. Thank you.

The other blanket that Tinka made is so pretty and really suitable for a Lady.  It's called 'Flower Burst'. What wonderful Squares.

What a gorgeous Blanket!

I do love the colours and indeed the pattern. The border finishes it off so well. Another gorgeous blanket.

Would you like to see more of these two blankets? Here's my Slide Show!


Created with flickr slideshow.
 
Not only did Tinka send two blankets she also sent me some Daffodil Squares for our Marie Curie Cancer Care Challenge. Also some Squares for our Stash, she needed to fill the box, thank you so much!
 
Would you like to take part? I hope so. Please follow the link to RAVELRY.
 

Created with flickr slideshow.
 
 
What gorgeous Squares! I am very grateful to you Tinka for making these splendid blankets. Not to mention the pretty Squares too. What a wonderful contribution to SIBOL. Thank you! I know our Group is very important to you and I am pleased you enjoy it so much.
 
The other set of Squares have arrived from dansnanna here in the UK.
Some wonderful Daffodil Squares for our special Challenge and a Freeform and Faces one too!
 
Such great Squares, thank you for helping me out dansnanna!
 
Marie Curie Cancer Care 'Daffodil Challenge'. What beauties!
 
 Here's your Slide Show thank you!
 

Created with flickr slideshow.
 
 
I do hope you have enjoyed looking at these wonderful Squares and blankets. It's been such fun today!
 
x Sue x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment