Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Saturday 20 October 2012

Challenge Squares arrive today!

Hi everyone!

I am inviting you to join  our RAVELRY SIBOL GROUP! 
Well thanks a lot for the great comments about my Delivery day to 'Greville House Care Home'. Please feel free to go back a post and have a read if you haven't already done so. What a wonderful morning I had yesterday delivering our beautiful 'Sunshine Blankets'. 

Before I show you the new Squares I would like to thank Jane at Papillon Gold for the great Blog post!  Jane has worked in a Nursing Home  herself in Australia and she knows how comforting a Blanket can be. Please pop over and say hello!

I would like to thank jenn1feranne for the great Irish Rose Square received this morning.  It really is a very pretty design and I have found myself needing a few more to finish my Challenge. Thank you for helping me out on this one.


Jennifer (Scotland) Irish Rose - Thank you!


We are collecting Squares for our special 'Marie Curie Cancer Care' Challenge. These Squares are different because they have all got to have a 'Daffodil' Design. Squares can be Knitted or Crocheted but they must be exactly 6" Square (15cms).

I was asked yesterday for some patterns why not have a go yourself?

Try Luna's Daffodil Square  on here

Try Debi's Daffodil Square on here

Daffodils of Spring here

We are in need of 2 Freeform Squares. 'creativegranny' has a 'Freeform Challenge' taking place over on RAVELRY. Have you tried Freeform? Why not make a 6" Freeform Square? Pop over and say hello to her.  here

We are collecting Squares for 'Think Pink'  5. Are you interested in making a 'pink' Square to raise money for Breast Cancer Care? We have recently sent off a donation for £200.00 to Breast Cancer Care and these Blankets have become so popular!

Say hello to joyce28  here

Plenty still going on while I'm finishing off the Challenge Blankets.

Thanks for visiting today!

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment