Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Monday 29 October 2012

Our 'SIBOL' Snowman Challenge.

Good Afternoon,

It was November last year that we made our first 'Snowman Blanket'. Do you remember it?

`Please add note' if you see your Square Ladies! Thank you very much mandas' challenges and to everyone who has contributed Squares for this 'Snowman Challenge'


'Frosty and Friends' made by Amanda.

We had Squares arrive but we didn't have quite enough to make a 2nd Blanket, so this year I have been collecting for the 2nd one. Once again you  have  let your 'creativity' shine through. It always amazes me when I receive your Squares. Let's take a look at them.

Thanks to everyone who contributed Squares for this Challenge.

I know my usual border again, but I do love it. I used a blue and white variegated yarn I think it was 'Paton's yarn which I love mixed in with a white yarn. I wanted to give it an icy blue feel to it.  I had two Squares which I didn't have room for unfortunately but I am going to hang these on to the Blanket when I deliver it.

I tried to pick up the border from the middle Square which was the variegated blue and white too. On the white Square which I received from Kay in the States, I put blue and white variegated around the edges and I hope you don't mind Kay I added a Snowflake from Lucy's Attic 24!  So easy peasy!  Can you spot the 2 Snow Butterflies? There they are amongst the Snowmen!  Our friend Nettie supplies the You Tube tutorial for those. Why not pop over and while you are over there make some for SIBOL!

I'm really pleased with this Blanket and I would like to thank everyone for their wonderful support once again!

I'll leave you with my Slide Show!


Created with flickr slideshow.
 
 
I'm finishing off the Owl Blanket  now and then I shall start the Musical Blanket. I hope you can stop by again!
 
Thank you!
 
 
 
x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful blanket Sue, it's such a happy blanket that made me feel all cheery. Everything has gone together so very well, once again the recipient will love it.
    Jessiebonbon
    xxx

    ReplyDelete