Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Thursday 10 January 2013

What's new?

Good Afternoon,

It's 10th January and already I have some new Sunshine Blankets flying in through the door of SIBOL HQ, also some beautiful Challenge Squares.

I would like to thank Kate here in the UK for sending along two beautiful Granny Square blankets made in such pretty colours. These really are enough to brighten up anyone's dull January day.  Kate also had a go at making some of our SIBOL Butterflies and I'm very pleased to say she is really enjoying them. I'll give you the link if you want to have  a go too. Kate has used silver thread for the antennae and I think this really finishes them off.

The two Granny Square blankets have been made in wonderful colours. Let's take a look at them now.

la 012

A great pastel one perfect for a Lady.


A lovely patchwork Granny blanket.



One for a Man maybe? Isn't it amazing how Granny Blankets can look so different just by changing the colours?  These Blankets are perfect thank you Kate. I'm sure you found them very relaxing to make too!

I must show you these gorgeous Butterflies! Aren't they pretty!

SIBOL Butterflies are so pretty! Thank you Kate!



Kate thank you for all the hard work that has gone into both Blankets. It really is very kind of you.

Let's take a look at your Slide Show now.


Created with flickr slideshow.




I also had some Challenge Squares arrive today from Pamela here in the UK.

Pamela has been using her creativity to make two superb Squares. 
One for our Underwater Challenge and the other for our Leaves Challenge.

Pamela (UK) Challenge Squares have arrived -  thank you!


Wow! Brilliant what fun!

Leaves Challenge. Superb Square.


Leaves of Autumn...  and plenty of life under the Sea!


Underwater Challenge. Beautiful thank you!

Love them! Thanks ever so much Pamela. I can tell you enjoyed making them!

Why not have a go?
Pop over to SIBOL CHALLENGES.



ViewLogo

x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment