Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Tuesday 12 February 2013

Delivery Day and Squares from South Africa.

Good afternoon and welcome to 'SIBOL',

It's surprising how quickly our Blankets mount up again. Before Christmas we delivered quite a large amount to local Care Homes and my stock apart from Challenge Blankets was zero.  So when I was contacted by a Care Company before Christmas unfortunately I couldn't go and see them. I'm very pleased to be telling you that today I could and I went off to see Michelle Oliver - the Manager  at Clarence Care in Birmingham. I'll give you the link  and you can find out more about the Company. They have several Older people on their records who would benefit from our Blankets and I'm only too pleased to help them.

Over the past few days I have been getting the Blankets ready for them.

Delivery Day 12/02/2013. Clarence Care Birmingham.


004


005


On meeting Michelle I was invited up in to the office and offered coffee. There I met the Director and other members of Staff, what a lovely bunch of people so friendly and welcoming.

First of all Michelle told me a little about the work they do and then I told her about my Grandmother and why I started the SIBOL project.  Of course I had to tell her about all the Ladies in our Group and how terribly talented you all are!  I also mentioned our Charity Blankets and how much we had raised for various Charities, also mentioning our work now for Marie Curie.  Michelle and everyone else were really interested. and our blankets were accepted so well and I know from speaking to Michelle that these Blankets are going to people who need a little comfort in their lives.

Of course I couldn't come away without getting a photo for you! The other Blankets were behind us, sorry they aren't in the photo!

Clarence Care receiving 6 Blankets today! ~Thanks to everyone!


From Michelle and the Staff at Clarence Care a big 'Thank you!'. I would like to thank Michelle and Staff for such a warm friendly welcome too!

cromad has sent in a pretty Daffodil Square for our Marie Curie Cancer Care Challenge, two Squares for our Stash and a 'Raised Flower Square'. This one is a pretty Pansy design I just love it. Thank you so much cromad and I'm pleased that the Squares have arrived safely. Your Crocheting is really lovely it's always such a pleasure to receive your Squares.


006


Thanks everyone for your help, bye for now.

ViewLogo


x Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment