Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Sunday 30 June 2013

A bumper parcel arrives from the Netherlands.

Good morning to you all!

Yesterday I received a bumper parcel from wilfi over in the Netherlands.  What did I find inside for our 'SIBOL' project? 6 Crocheted Blankets, 3 spools of Ribbon, Squares for Stash and Challenges and a Square from her friend 'ans'. I didn't have time to take photos yesterday as we had visitors in the afternoon so I thought I would get up really early and take some photos while all was quiet in the 'Two Times' household. The question is where do we start? It's taken me ages to write this post and load all the photos but I've enjoyed every minute!

wilfi I first of all have to thank you for donating such a generous amount of Blankets, how very kind of you! Thank you so much. Such beautiful Blankets have all been made in beautiful colours and designs. Let's take a look at them now.


010

wilfi has named this one 'Viva La France'. A little card tells me this Blanket was made in France and after the holiday she finished the border.  Every time she looks at the Blanket she gets that sunny feeling and it relaxes her. She hopes that the person receiving this Blanket has the same feeling of love and happiness that she had when making the Blanket.

Simply beautiful wilfi and I love the variegated yarn. I think it is one of Patons? I've used it before, it's lovely to work with if it's the same one.

The next Blanket is called 'Glitter Flowers'. What a gorgeous colour combination! wilfi tells me that she had a spare ball of glitter yarn that  she thought she would use in this Blanket. It gives it a great sparkle and glittery feeling. Such a stunning Blanket wilfi, thank you!

019


wilfi has been busy! Let's take a look at the Blue Blanket now. It's called 'Blue Lagoon'.
wilfi has used odd bits of yarn put together in this gorgeous Blanket. She loves trying out new patterns and making them into a 'SIBOL' Blanket. That's the nice thing about our 'SIBOL' Group not only are we doing something worthwhile for the Elderly it gives us chance to practice our skills! Thank you!

                         025

Just take a look at the next Blanket. Do you like Black? Wow! This is fantastic! It's called 'Black Flowers'. wilfi takes her stash balls everywhere with her in her yarn bag and when there is time she hooks flowers! She has made them into a Blanket and she hopes the person who receives this Blanket enjoys it as much as she enjoyed making it! Thank you wilfi!

                        031

The next Blanket is called 'Little Stash Flowers'. Stash! Stash! A big bag full! wilfi has to take the bag with her every where and when she has to wait for her children she hooks flowers! It's surprising what you can hook in half an hour or so! This is another pretty Blanket wilfi! Thank you! Such wonderful colours in this Blanket. 

                        037

The last Blanket is a special one, because it is to be donated to the 9th Marie Curie Cancer Care Hospices. wilfi offered to make one up herself and this is simply beautiful. What a treat!
Look at these beautiful Daffodils! I love the colour of the background Squares. You really have made a great job of this one too wilfi! Thank you!

                       007

I am very pleased to say our Daffodil Challenge is now finished. We now have 9 Daffodil Blankets for the Marie Curie Cancer Care Challenge, one for auction too!  Such a colourful Blanket and beautiful Daffodils, simply beautiful. wilfi thank you so much for this donation. I know the Hospice is going to be so pleased.

I'm over the moon with these Blankets wilfi, thank you so much! Not only did wilfi send these gorgeous Blankets she also sent Squares for Challenges and Stash, simply wonderful! 

                                                               Stash Squares 

                         Stash Squares from wilfi! Thank you!

                                                           Challenge Squares

(Top Left) - 'Festivals'! Great Square. wilfi has a Concert by the Sea and she very kindly made a Square with this idea.

(Top Right) - 'What a Wonderful World!'

(Bottom) - - 'Transport' Challenge.

I love these Squares I hope they have inspired you to have a go for our Charity Challenges
Here's the Link.


                         Challenge Squares. Thank you!

Pretty Ribbon too wilfi, you are sweet thank you so much for everything in the parcel for 'SIBOL'.
I am terribly grateful to you.

                        Donations of Ribbon thank you wilfi!


I would also like to thank ans for the pretty hat Square. It's lovely! 

                        ans (Netherlands) Hat Square. Thank you!


A busy morning I do hope you enjoy the Slide Show now! I hope it's working for you.
Thanks for popping in today!



Created with flickr slideshow.

x Sue x

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! So many beautiful blankets from wilfi! I'm in love with each! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete