Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 12 November 2014

Parcels from the States and Sweden arrive today!

Good Morning,

I am so pleased the idea of making Christmas Gifts for the Elderly took off this year. We have had such a lot of response from everyone and we have received some beautiful Knitted and Crocheted items arrive at my home.  The Gifts are mainly arriving from Ladies in the UK but yesterday I received a parcel all the way from Florida, USA. Two sisters Dawn and April have very kindly contributed a few items for Residents in our Care Homes. Their work is fantastic. I have taken a few photos this morning but the weather is absolutely awlful here it's dark, wet and rainy I do hope you can see the beauty of them.




We have another Shawl! Fantastic. We certainly are getting some lovely ones arrive. Isn't it amazing how they are all so different? This one is so....warm and I've added one of the Butterflies sent too which I think finishes it off nicely.

Fingerless Gloves and Scarves will make great presents too!




All in ideal colours. Next we have some Bed Socks these will keep two Residents warm.



Crocheted Butterflies were also included in the parcel from the States.



Not to mention the two reels of Ribbon which will be terribly useful to our 'SIBOL' project.
Thank you for enclosing them Dawn and April.


Well what a super parcel! How kind of you both to send them for Residents here in the UK! Thank you both so....much.  I will definitely be taking them out at the beginning of December and I'm sure they are going to be accepted really well.

I would also like to thank Elisabeth  for the parcel received this morning all the way from Sweden! We have some lovely Crocheted Squares. It's very nice of you to send them all this way. I am very sorry I am unable to thank you by email because I 'can't find your email address!' I'm hoping you will see this Blog Post so you will know that they have arrived safely.  Thanks so much for your kindness.





Thanks for popping in today!

My email address is
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
I'm Sue 

Please note my address is not available on the net.
Please email me. Thank you.

x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to get such beautiful gifts for the elderly from the States. Some of the ladies where I live have decided to make blankets to give to the home we have in our town. They will be very useful to the residents there - some of whom are old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gillian,
    Thank you as always for your comments. It certainly is a treat to see what everyone is making.
    A Blanket means such a lot to people and when I deliver our Sunshine Blankets I am always told that they hang on to them with their life! Frightened to part with them in case of losing them.
    Thank you!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete