Our SIBOL TOTAL IS 1376! Thank You!

Slideshow of Sunshine Blankets (Click on Left/Right Arrows).

Challenge Blankets
I'm Sue and can be contacted on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

It is so important that email addresses and names are enclosed with your donations of Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Butterflies please. Thank you!

Butterflies LINK


'Crochet keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest. It is a gift to help quiet the world around us, if even for a moment. To create -- and think of those we create for --is a quiet prayer of hope, love and dreams all wrapped up in a hook, a book and a ball of yarn. Author Anonymous. Thanks Cynthia.
SIBOL Blog
I NO LONGER ACCEPT KNITTED OR CROCHETED SQUARES. I DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MADE UP BLANKETS FOR THE ELDERLY IN CARE HOMES. I'D BE VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOURS! THANK YOU! 'SIBOL' is a charitable outlet for your Crocheting and Knitting Skills why not join us? Together we are 'Sending a ray of Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.' All enquiries please contact Sue on sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com Thank you!
Please Note

Please may I remind you to enclose your email address with parcels delivered to my home. If I don't acknowledge receipt it's because I can't find your address. Thank you.


Total 1384 Thank you!




Wednesday 3 December 2014

Delivering Christmas Gifts to a local Care Home today!

Good Afternoon,

PLEASE NOTE THAT I CANNOT ACCEPT ANY MORE SIBOL ITEMS THIS YEAR. WE WILL ACCEPT AGAIN JANUARY 2ND ONWARDS MANY THANKS  FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

I would like to thank everyone for sending me Christmas Gifts for the Elderly. We've had such a good response that I decided to split the items between two Homes. Today I was taking the last lot to The Grove Care Home in Solihull.

THE GROVE.


I rang up this morning and went off to meet Jayne.  I did ask her a while ago if they wanted any Knitted items and she said that they would be very useful. They often have trips out in the mini bus to various places so Knitted wear would be appreciated.

Loaded up with a box full to the brim I went off.

photo.JPG


I was so proud of the items that we had made. Beautiful Scarves and Fingerless Gloves, Bed Socks, Hats and Gloves etc., are going to be very useful to the Home.

Jayne kindly agreed to having her photo taken but somehow my iphone wouldn't go off 'video'.
We both tried to swipe it over to 'photos' but in the end we took a video of Jayne saying 'Thank you!'

She tried one of our Hats on.

Thank you so much Jayne for acceping our items it was lovely to meet you again.


Here's the video I hope! 
This is Jayne - Deputy Manager of The Grove Care Home, Solihull
thanking you all.

It is very quiet sorry. 






A Big Thank you to everyone that has made a Warm item for the Residents in Care Homes. They have all been very much appreciated.

x Sue x



I'm back with an email I have received from Lyndon - The Manager at Grove Care Home. I thought you might like to read it.


Hello Sue 
I came back from my morning meeting to find a wonderful box of hats and gloves. You are all so very kind. Already two of the ladies who suffer with cold hands have a set each and they are so happy with them. Please say a very big thank you to all of your ladies. Can I also say a very Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year to you and your ladies along with all of your families. 
Again thank you so much. 
Regards 
Lyndon Green 
Manager 
The Grove Residential Home (Solihull)

No comments:

Post a Comment